Arrive at Leh
- Arrival Leh by morning flight and transfer to the hotel.Full day of rest for acclimatization to the high altitude of Leh (11,500 ft/ 35 00 mtrs).Overnight in hotel.
Sham Valley Sightseeing
- After breakfast drive towards western part of Ladakh along the Indus river on Leh – Srinagar highway. And start sightseeing with Hall of Fame (Museum founded by India Army) near Leh is worth a visit for every Indian, and proceed further to Gurudwara Patthar Sahib founded in 15th century, Nestled deep in the Himalayas, drive ahead another 5 km for Magnetic Hill which defies the law of gravity & further Driving through a picturesque landscape we reached the Confluence Of The Indus And Zanskar River. After visiting above places we drive back to Leh enroute visiting Spituk Monastery, Built in 11th century during the region of Gragspa ‘Bum-lde, the monastery use to follow Kadampa school of Buddhism until 15th century where Gelukpa school of buddhism was started and still in practice with Gelukpa order. Overnight at hotel in Leh
LEH–NUBRA VALLEY VIA KHARDUNG LA 18,380 FT. (120 KMS / 4 – 5 HRS)
- After breakfast we drive to Nubra Valley. The road journey from Leh to Nubra Valley passes over Khardung La (The Highest Motorable Road In The World) at 5,602 Mtrs / 18,380 ft, around 39 km from Leh. From the pass, one can see all the way south over the Indus valley to seemingly endless peaks and ridges of the Zanskar range, and north to the giants of the Saser massif. Nubra Valley is popularly known as Ldumra or the valley of flowers. It is situated in the north of Ladakh between the Karakoram and Ladakh ranges of the Himalayas. The average altitude of the valley is 10,000 Ft. above sea level. Upon arrival in Nubra we check in at our Camp / Hotel in Hunder for Overnight stay. In the evening you can walk around the tiny villages to see how the locals live in this part of the world. A visit to a Ladakhi home can be arranged. Overnight Stay at the Camp or Hotel.
NUBRA VALLEY – LEH (120 KMS / 4 – 5 HRS)
- After an early breakfast we check out from the Camp and drive to Hunder where you have opportunity to ride on a bacterian camel (double humped) amidst the sand dunes of this high altitude desert with snow capped mountains on the horizon. Between Hunder and Diskit you come across sand dunes besides the road. Seen in isolation you could well be amongst the sand dunes of the Thar Desert in Rajasthan. It is indeed a strange sight since immediately on the left of the road are rockymountains that characterize the Ladakhi landscape and in the distance can be seen snow-capped mountains. On the return stop at Diskit which is the headquarter town of Nubra Valley. Stroll around the bazaar observing the shops and local people going about their daily chores. Diskit is famous for 515 years old Buddhist Monastery, lying magnificently situated on a hilltop, facing the entire Valley. Later we drive back to Leh in the late afternoon via Khardungla Top. On arrival at Leh you will check in to your Hotel. In the afternoon you can rest and relax. In the evening you can stroll around the market place for some last minute souvenir shopping.
LEH - EXCURSION TO PANGONG LAKE – 13,930 FT. (160 KMS / 4 - 5 HRS – ONE WAY)
- Full day trip, after early morning breakfast we leave for Pangong Lake through Changla pass (5,300 mtr, 17,586 ft) world third highest motorable road in the world. After 2 hrs of drive you reach to Changla pass, stop for a short period for photography. Drive ascending towards Pangong reach Tangtse where you can relax for a cup of tea/ coffee. Leaving Tangtse for Pangong you pass through few small villages of Changthang and finally you can have a sudden view of the Pangong lake situated at 13,930 feet. This famous high altitude Lake of Pangong is 5- 8Kms wide and over 140 Kms long with 30 % in India and 70% in China. This large, serene lake forms a brilliant color variation including deep blue, dark green, turquoise,etc. After spending some time at lake drive back to Leh via same route. Overnight at hotel.
Drop to Leh Airport
- Early morning transfer to the airport for taking the flight back home.